|City Funeral Service : New York's Largest and
Most Trusted Online Cremation Service Provider
City Funeral Service is a cremation service provider in New York.
Located at 23 Lockwood Avenue in Yonkers, New York, our cremation services are available in The Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan, and Staten Island, Nassau and Suffolk County on Long Island, and Putnam, Rockland and Westchester County, New York.
All of our staff members are licensed, experienced, and fully prepared to serve you and your family at any time. For prompt, personal attention at any time of day, please call (877) 274-5152.
Direct Cremation Service : $795.00*
Our professional service fee for a simple New York direct cremation service is $795.00. Please click here to download a printable (.PDF file) version of a direct cremation itemization.
City Funeral Service's low cost direct cremation service fee includes the following services and merchandise:
- Transfer from the place of death (hospital, nursing home or medical examiner facility**) to our funeral establishment;
- Basic services of the funeral director and staff including: 24-hour availability, the arrangement conference, securing the original death certificate, obtaining cremation clearance from the Medical Examiner, filing the original death certificate with the New York City Department of Health (or other county registrar) and obtaining certified copies of the death certificate on your behalf, preparing and filing all necessary documents with other interested parties, and providing shelter for the remains until the transfer to the crematory;
- Cardboard alternative container (a casket is NOT REQUIRED for direct cremation);
- Transportation of the remains to the crematory.
* "Cash Advance" items are not included in our $795.00 basic direct cremation fee. Cash advances are third party charges, we do not profit on their sale, and their amount does not vary among New York funeral homes. Typical cash advance items that are associated with a direct cremation service include: crematory fees (for the actual cremation - $453.00, The cremation itself is performed by The Woodlawn Cemetery in The Bronx); NYC disposition permit ($40.00); NYC EDRS convenience fee ($6.75); gratuities (10.00); and certified copies of the certificate of death ($15.00 per copy in New York City, $10.00 elsewhere throughout New York state); and a UPS fee of ($17.00) for forwarding the death certificates to you (Deaths in NYC 5 Boroughs Only).
** A death that occurs in a private residence or in certain nursing homes/adult residences will incur an additional charge of $150.00 for extra personnel we will need to facilitate the transfer procedure. Deaths outside of our immediate area will incur a slight additional transportation fee that is based on mileage. We will provide an exact price quotation prior to providing any service to you and your family. Simply call (877) 274-5152 at any time for additional information.
For your information, the "average" direct cremation arranged by our firm costs $1,366.75. This includes our $795.00 professional service fee, the CASH ADVANCES described above, and three (3) copies of the certificate of death. An urn is an optional item and is not included in our direct cremation price.
What exactly is direct cremation?
Many of the families we serve have questions about cremation, and specifically, about direct cremation. People want to know exactly how a direct cremation service differs from a "traditional" funeral service that is followed by cremation.
A direct cremation is the least expensive disposition service offered by a funeral home. Direct cremation is offered by select licensed funeral-cremation providers to serve the specific needs of individuals who desire the most simple, dignified, and economical means of disposing of the human dead.
Embalming is NOT REQUIRED for a direct cremation so it's not performed. Instead of a casket, the remains will be placed in a simple, rigid, cardboard alternative container.
There is no service with the body present when a direct cremation is selected. Any service you arrange post-cremation is called a "memorial service" and City Funeral Service can help you plan one if you desire.
Direct cremation does NOT INCLUDE a public visitation period or a "wake."
Let's recap this service so you know exactly what happens (and what doesn't) when you authorize City Funeral Service to perform a direct cremation:
- The remains are transferred to our funeral home where they are placed into an alternative container;
- After the necessary documents are prepared, signed, and approved by various agencies (namely, the Health Department and the Medical Examiner) the remains will be taken to the crematory for cremation;
- The cremated remains will be returned to you within 5-7 business days.
That's it. Easy, right? Simplicity is actually the number one reason why people chose direct cremation. The fact that it's the least expensive service offered by a funeral home isn't as important as many would believe.
Please take the time to review the other pages of our web site by using the navigation menu at the top of this page or by clicking on one of the text links below. If you have any questions or comments, call us at (877) 274-5152.
Top of Page